Monday, November 28, 2011

More on Movies

Just to follow through on my recent movie posts, I'd like to tell you about what I have seen recently and enjoyed. 


Oh what a lovely film by Mike Mills! I thoroughly enjoyed Beginners for all it's lovely visuals, creative editing, quirky characters and touching story. I'm a huge, long-time fan of Ewan McGregor (Big Fish) and once again he does a tremendous job as graphic designer Oliver Fields. Oliver is rocked by the recent death of his father and his announcement just a few years prior that he was gay, despite being married to Oliver's mother for 44 years. As Oliver deals with the loss and his father's recent openness, he falls for a lovely French actress, Anna (Mélanie Laurent, Inglourious Basterds). As he navigates through coming to terms with his parents marriage, his father's cancer and homosexuality, he also tries to make deeper connections and learn of the different types of love in life. It's just a wonderful film! You must see it if you haven't!



I saw another wonderful film just the past weekend w/ my bf and friends - The Muppets! As a former puppeteer, I knew there was no way I would be disappointed by this film. It's the Muppets - how can you go wrong?! 

Brothers Gary (Jason Segel, Forgetting Sarah Marshall) and Walter have grown up watching the Muppets and finally get the chance to tour the studio when Gary decides to take his long-time girlfriend Mary (Amy Adams, Enchanted) to visit Los Angeles. When they learn the theater is threatened by closure by a greedy oil tycoon, they simply must reunite everyone in order to save it! The celebrity cameos and fun songs are well-worth watching it alone but as the plot implies, it's a great tribute to what the Muppets were and still are to adults and children around the world. Highly recommended to everyone!

Have you seen any great movies lately? Are they any coming out that you're particularly excited for? I'd love to hear about them. I always have my ears and eyes open for new suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment